Andaman is none less than a paradise that is rising within the turquoise waters of the ocean. It is a cluster of more than 500 islands in which only 38 are permanently inhabited. The capital city of Andaman is Port Blair that is connected to the other islands opened for exploration by the tourists by multiple daily ferries. It nestles 1400 kilometers from the east coast of India.
The shimmering water of the ocean and the golden beaches on the sunny days of the Andaman Islands are what one looks out for in a fun-filled vacation to this pristine destination. The most famed islands that are a part of Andaman are Neil and Havelock Island. This place has been aroused as popular tourist attention over the last few decades due to its notable beauty and certain locations that offer an insight into the rich history of this place. This little piece of paradise has been a hotspot for adventure enthusiasts who travel in search of an adrenalin rush amidst nature.
With so much beauty in abundance, this place is a magnet for tourists who opt for great tour packages for Andaman for a fun-filled vacation.
Best time to Visit Andaman
The best time to visit the Andaman Islands is the midst of the months of October and May. These months offer the most optimum weather to explore the popular tourist places on these islands. One can also just lie down on the glittering beaches of the beautiful islands here and soak in the sun during this time of the year. Several sports activities are also open to being indulged in for visitors as the tides are in their normal state.
One should avoid their visits during the monsoon season (July to September) as heavy showers of rain are experienced by the islands here. Due to this the waves also show unpredictable behavior and no water activity is carried out during this time.
Places to visit in Andaman Island
Below mentioned are some of the renowned places to which the Andaman Islands are abode too. Get your tour packages for Andaman and explore them all.
- Mount Harriet: It is a national park nestling in the Andaman Islands that was founded in 1969. It is the third-highest summit with an elevation of 383 meters in the Andaman and Nicobar archipelago. It is abode to the distinct species of fauna like Andaman wild pigs, robber crabs, saltwater crocodiles, and turtles.
- Havelock Island: Also renowned as the Swaraj Island, Havelock is the part of the Ritchie’s Archipelago, in India’s the Andaman Islands. It comprises of five villages and is known for its exotic diving sites and sublime silky blonde beaches.
- Cellular Jail: famed as Kaala Pani in the past decades, this colonial prison has now been opened as a national memorial monument. Many notable freedom fighters and activists like Yogendra Shukla, Batukeshwar Dutt, and others were brought into this prison during the struggle of India’s independence.
- Samudrika Naval Museum: This museum was originated in order to create awareness among the people about the various aspects of the oceanic environment and marine life. It is managed and looked after by the Indian Navy.
Activities on Andaman Island
- Water Sports: the most popular sport among the tourists to this beach land is diving, snorkeling, boat rides, fishing, and others. For adventure enthusiasts, this island serves the best site to practice them all. Many fun packages of distinct adventures are also offered at the Andaman Water Sports Complex to offer the visitors an adrenalin rush on their vacations here.
- Trekking: Indulge in one of the trekking activities at the Andaman Islands and test your fitness levels. The hilly terrains of the certain treks nested here like the Mount Harriet to Madhuban, Chidia Tapu to Kala Pahad and others would surely satisfy your cravings for adventure at this location.
- Shopping: Souvenirs are a major part of any vacation and so follow shopping. The handicraft products and other antique objects are worth spending money on shopping here.
How to reach Andaman Island
The best option to reach Andaman is through a flight. The nearest airport is the one in Port Blair named Veer Savarkar International Airport. It has good connectivity with major cities like Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, and others. Thus, get your bags packed as you book the best tour packages for Andaman that would perfectly in your budget.